"Stacy" from "JameeForever" has tagged me with this meme that I am completely unqualified to complete, what a trial that woman is!
Doesn't she know that I'm still in "Birthday mode"?
1) Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Predominantly cloth bags, partly because of the hideousness of paper that no-one can touch and partly to save the planet's trees because we recycle them year after year.
2) Real tree or artificial?
Both. Artificial for the children [although it's only become vaguely interesting this year] and we cut down the tree on the side of the house [it re-sprouts, honest].
3) When do you put up your tree?
Varies from year to year. We try and be American and put it up during the Thanksgiving break, but REALLY there should be nothing until Christmas Eve - it's a RULE.
4) When do you take the tree down?
The day before the recycling chappies are coming to visit.
5) Do you like eggnog?
Vile, poisonous, sickly, glutinous, liquid muck.
6) Favorite gift received as a child?
A teddy bear with a musical windup key in his poor little back.
7) Do you have a Nativity scene?
Yes, we made it ourselves out of cardboard. Everybody completely ignores it.
8) The hardest person to buy for?
9) The easiest person to buy for?
10) The worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A tea towel / dish cloth with I consider ever so slightly worse than the oven glove.
11) Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
12) Favorite Christmas movie?
The Snowman by Raymond Briggs.
13) When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Throughout the year.
14) Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes. Do you have a problem with that?
15) Favorite things to eat at Christmas?
Roast potatoes with lots of salt.
16) Clear lights or colored on the tree?
17) Favorite Christmas song?
I do not like any Christmas songs at all, but I'm fond of a few Christmas Carols.
18) Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Home, simply by default. I'll travel. Who wants to see us?
19) Can you name all Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Rudolph, Blitzen, Vixen, Comet, Cupid. Clearly these are American names. They are easy to remember because they are daft. If they'd had sensible names like George and Fred, they'd be far more difficult to remember.
20) Angel on the tree top or a star?
21) Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Morning. The exercise continues way past New Year.
22) Most annoying thing about this time of year?
23) What is the "corniest" family tradition you do or miss doing?
Corny! I have no idea what that word even means? Everything about our entire existence is tasteful and refined.
24) Ugliest Christmas decorations ever invented?
Those huge blow up outside decorations.
25) Which looks the best...theme trees or homey trees?
Homey? Please could we have a few more international translations please!
Themed are obviously best. 'Homey' are infinitely preferable.
26) What does Christmas mean to you?
Peace and goodwill to all people.
So who to tag? Who hasn't already completed this one? Let me see. In the interests of being fair and arbitrary and annoying, I shall tag the next 7 people who are foolish enough to make comments today, which will be yesterday when you read this. Huh!
So first up we have "Emily" from "Wheels on the bus." Aha, and she hasn't done the meme so this is clearly a brilliant executive decision on my part.
Then there's "Burfica" over at
"Don't Eat the Tomatoes" and yes I loved the choral! Please note that the correct pronunciation would be 'tom ah toes,' but you already knew that of course.
My next unfortunate victim is over at "Heidi" over at "Vikingconquest" where she is attempting to conquest Norway. I have no doubt she will be as successful in her conquests there as I am being here!
Gosh darn it, next up we feature the lovely "Miss Bossy" over at "I am Bossy" who has yet to learn to play along with these things. There again, her Advent Calendars are clearly more than challenge enough.
Then lovely Ms. "Veganmomma" at "Not your Ordinary Momma," which will probably be a jolly handy site for anyone wishing to experiment with strange food stuffs or any of the 'run about and wear yourself out' types.
Aha! And then we have one of my favourite victims "Joker the Lurcher" over at "Bona Vacantia," where the trials of our doggy friends help us learn an entirely different perspective on things.
Then there is the lovely "Judith" over at "Autismville"
which is great for the technically challenged such as myself!
So there you go dearies, let me know when it's up and running.
14 hours ago