I have moved over to WhittereronAutism.com. Please follow the link to find me there. Hope to see you after the jump! :)

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Opposites attract - a snippet

My ‘silent’ son has a sudden burst of chat. I beam as he chats, as it’s one of those monologues that I don’t want to staunch. Interruption generally equates to stall. I know more facts about Pokemons that I could ever once imagined. I am so impressed with his ability to sit stationary on a chair whilst his legs pump beneath him, a performance worthy of any cyclist on the Tour de France. As he chats his fingers shred the paper on the wax crayons and snap their little necks into fragments as the words flow in an endless stream. My facility of speech seems positively feeble by comparison. If any parts of my anatomy were as busily frenetic as his, I should have no choice but to remain silent.






No comments:

 
AddThis Social Bookmark Button